Tuesday 15 November 2011

(Presenting-)female and feminist blogging. Some tips.

1. You must learn to ignore ALL OF THIS, because, as a female/feminist on the internet, it is what you'll be subjected to if you become in any way vocal about anything that matters to you.

2. Please also be aware that you'll get death threats to your actual address and derogatory phone calls about you to your employers, which is your fault for blogging in feminist circles.

3. If you want to host your own blog on your own server, there's no point because you'll get hacked. This was the fourth one I read about in as many hours yesterday. I'll sit here behind the great Google firewall and shout my feminist views into a safer ether.

4. Do not be silenced. I let that happen to me before now, it's not happening any more. My voice is important and your voice is important. Don't let the keyboard warriors shout you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment